- Mar 30(4)
- Mar 29(5)
- Mar 28(1)
- Mar 27(4)
- Mar 26(1)
- Mar 25(5)
- Mar 23(4)
- Mar 22(5)
- Mar 21(2)
- Mar 20(5)
- Mar 19(1)
- Mar 18(3)
- Mar 17(4)
- Mar 16(2)
- Mar 15(1)
- Mar 14(2)
- Mar 12(1)
- Mar 09(2)
- Mar 07(1)
- Mar 06(1)
- Mar 05(2)
- Mar 04(6)
- Mar 02(4)
- Mar 01(2)
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Celebrity stylist, host of Style Network’s makeover show “How Do I Look?” and Yoplait Light Two Week Tune Up spokesperson, Jeannie Mai gives you the rundown on how to spring forward this season
Transition from winter to Spring
· Take the opportunity to do a little spring cleaning. You can freshen up your wardrobe by adding a few new pieces that follow spring trends, and wearing them with basics and staples like a great pair of jeans. It’s also a good opportunity to get rid of anything you haven’t worn in over a year.
· Freshening up can also mean a quick tune up if you’re feeling a little weighed down from the winter months. For example, the Yoplait Light Two Week Tune Up plan a quick way you could lose 5 pounds in 2 weeks (find more details on the plan at Yoplait.com) to look and feel your best while rocking spring trends.
Trends for your tresses – what’s hot for hair
· My favorite is the low bun. Straight from Guido Palau, who created the look for Nina Ricci's spring show, he recommends starting with a center part. Next, pull hair into a low ponytail, making sure to cover the ears. Then twist the ponytail into a loose knot. Remember, a too-tight style will look overly austere, so keep it loose for a touch of bohemian flair!
· For a change, try something serious with a more severe side part.
· Also, from an off-to-the-side swoop to thick, Jane Birkin-esque '70s fringe, bangs are SO back!
Must-haves for makeup
· DYING over the new makeup trends set for the spring/summer 2011 season! They’re absolutely fabulous if you wish to look dazzling with the gorgeous pastel eye makeup trend that’s so perfect for the warm season!
· You've probably seen the outbreak of Peacock collections that MAC and Shu Uemura both have launched this season so it is no wonder that color is totally in. Experiment by adding one different color shadow to your look for the day, you don't have to look like a peacock going to work, right? Unless that’s what you were aiming for.
· Nude has always been pretty much in but this season, try going for bolder lips like fuscia, red, or hot pink. I love taking a powerful lipstick and then lightly dab the color onto my lips so it leaves a semi-stain, just bitten look. Take a tip from Fendi's Spring 2011 collection, featuring a matte bright orange. Bright lips are in babe so pucker up!
What to put in your wardrobe
· Spring 2011's floral trend sees pieces set to brighten up wardrobes in bright botanicals, oriental blooms and ditsy prints. Clash them to make a statement.
· It’s time to wake up and smell the roses, guys and gals…..and the poppies and the lilies and the peonies too. Bold flower-power prints are hot off the runways from designers such as Jil Sander, Erdem, Jaeger, Kenzo, Vivienne Westwood, Mui Mui, Dries Van Noten and Antonia Marras.
· Think palazzo pants, sheer blouses, or handbags and shoes, these botanical beauties are here to brighten up our spring and summer. Also, feminine prints are rediscovered on another one of Mai faves, floaty maxi dresses.
All about accessories
· If I had to pick one stand out musty that will be mine for the season, it’s the belt purse. There are the years when a particular style of clutch is on trend, and then there's 2011. It's out with the clutch and in with a belted alternative. It’ll be this year’s casual fashion trends, the belt purse is a statement piece of daytime wear that quickly went from the catwalks of Hermes and Pucci to the streets.
Need more style advice?
· Check out more of Jeannie’s tips for maximizing your wardrobe – like choosing a go-to staple dress or making your accessories work double-time – visit www.Facebook.com/Yoplait
Coupon For Yoplait Light
3 lucky people will win the above Yoplait Light fitness / food journals
- Tell me why you want to win
- You must be a Public Follower to Enter
- Please leave your contact info. in case you win
Must complete mandatory first- Follow me on Twitter (1 entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway, can be done 2x a day 2 hours apart (2 entries per tweet)
- Subscribe via Email (2 entries)
- “Like” me on Facebook (2 entries)
- "Like" Yoplait on Facebook (2 entries)
- Like this giveaway on facebook (1 entry)
- Comment on my facebook page that you entered (1 entry)
- Blog or Post on your Facebook Wall about this Giveaway (5 Entries)
- Grab My Button (5 Entries)
- Enter any of my other Current Giveaways (2 entries per giveaway)
- Comment on any of my Reviews (3 entries)
- Add this giveaway to a giveaway linky & leave link (1 entry per Linky)
Open to US residents only & must 18 years old at the time of entry. Giveaway will end on March 1st @ 11:59 pm EST & a winner will be chosen by Random.org. I will email the winner & the winner will have 72 hours to respond before choosing another winner. I received free samples to properly conduct this review & the opinions of this product are solely mine. Opinions may vary to my own. I did not receive any monetary value to conduct this review.
Thank You for entering my Giveaway!!! By your Support of Entering & Commenting I am able to bring you Great Products....I read every Comment & truly enjoy reading your thoughts about a product. I especially love when you make me laugh.
Labels: Closed Giveaways