- May 31(4)
- May 30(6)
- May 29(6)
- May 28(3)
- Closed Giveaway: Terro Mosquito Repellent
- Closed Giveaway: Choice of Swimsuit from Voda Swim...
- Closed Giveaway: PeopleTowels
- Closed Giveaway: Certain Dri Anti-Perspirant
- Closed Giveaway: SoftLips Entire Line of SPF 20 Li...
- Closed Giveaway: Himalayan Salt Lamp Shop
- Closed Giveaway: New England Coffee
- May 26(1)
- May 25(9)
- May 24(1)
- May 23(9)
- May 19(3)
- May 18(1)
- May 17(7)
- May 16(1)
- May 15(4)
- May 11(1)
- May 10(3)
- May 09(1)
- May 08(2)
- May 03(3)
- May 02(2)
- May 01(7)
Friday, May 27, 2011
PeopleTowels are the newest concept in sustainability, and the latest in eco-chic fashion. An on-the-go, sustainable alternative to paper towels in public facilities, these reusable personal hand towels are made of a patent-pending fabric that’s 100% certified organic Fair Trade cotton. The light-weight fabric is absorbent, yet dries quickly.
PeopleTowels are printed with eco-friendly dyes, and come in a variety of designs to appeal to different tastes and styles. Convenient hangtags even allow you to clip or loop your PeopleTowelsl to your backpack, belt buckle or purse.
PeopleTowels are machine washable and will last for years. The towels will soften and fade slightly after repeated washings. You may see slight variations in the towels.
The Current Situation
The use of disposable paper towels has a huge impact on the environment by contributing to deforestation, water pollution and global warming. Some of the facts about paper towel consumption and the environmental impact are:
•20,000 gallons of water are polluted and 24 trees are consumed to make one ton of paper towels - all for a single use and thrown away.
•Every day, over 3,000 tons of paper towel waste is produced in the U.S., alone.
•Paper towels, decomposing in landfills, emit powerful greenhouse gases.
•Paper is the largest contributor to municipal landfill waste in 2006.
•The average person uses 2,400 - 3,000 paper towels outside the home each year, producing waste that looks like this:
The Other Alternatives
Paper towels, even when made of recycled materials, still produce an impact 100% greater than PeopleTowels. The recycling process, as well as production from virgin pulp, uses water, energy and chemicals.
Electric hand dryers may seem better than paper towels, but they aren’t as efficient as PeopleTowels, and carry a heavy environmental burden.
While reusable personal hand towels are new to the U.S., the Japanese have been using personal hand towels in public for decades. Japan is an island nation with limited space for disposal of waste, so they are very eco-conscious and value conservation. Usually there are no disposable paper towels in public facilities in Japan. You either dry your hands with your own reusable hand towel or there’s always the “back of the pants” alternative.
I am the queen of using paper towels since I have germ issues. I know this drives Tim crazy since he would rather use a dish towel to clean off the counters than using paper towels. But in my bathroom I do use a hand towel to dry off my hands. But you know it may be more sustainable to use these handy dandy little towels.
I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the towels. They are thicker than what I thought they would be. Yes they also dry quicker than I thought also. The designs are super cute as you can see in the pictures. Maybe we should take a lesson from Japan & start using hand towels such as they do.
One lucky person will win a set of PeopleTowels to try out!
- Tell me why you want to win
- You must be a Public Follower to Enter
- Please leave your contact info. in case you win
Must complete mandatory first- Follow me on Twitter (1 entry)
- Follow PeopleTowels on Twitter (1 entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway, can be done 2x a day 2 hours apart (2 entries per tweet)
- Subscribe via Email (2 entries)
- “Like” me on Facebook (2 entries)
- "Like PeopleTowels on Facebook (2 entries)
- Like this giveaway on facebook (1 entry)
- Comment on my facebook page that you entered (1 entry)
- Blog or Post on your Facebook Wall about this Giveaway (5 Entries)
- Grab My Button (5 Entries)
- Enter any of my other Current Giveaways (2 entries per giveaway)
- Comment on any of my Reviews (3 entries)
- Add this giveaway to a giveaway linky & leave link (1 entry per Linky)
- Visit PeopleTowels & tell which design you like best (2 entries)
- Click Here for Summer Blogger Block Party Extra Entries
Open to US residents only & must 18 years old at the time of entry. Giveaway will end on June 9th @ 11:59 pm EST & a winner will be chosen by Random.org. I will email the winner & the winner will have 72 hours to respond before choosing another winner. I received free samples to properly conduct this review & the opinions of this product are solely mine. Opinions may vary to my own. I did not receive any monetary value to conduct this review.
Thank You for entering my Giveaway!!! By your Support of Entering & Commenting I am able to bring you Great Products....I read every Comment & truly enjoy reading your thoughts about a product. I especially love when you make me laugh.
For More Great Summer Blogger Block Party Giveaways
Check it out & tell me another blogs giveaway you like
2 extra entries
Labels: Closed Giveaways