Monday, December 5, 2011
Thanks to Mega Bloks & MommyParties I had a chance to host a really awesome Mega Bloks party with Thomas & Friends! We had our party the previous Saturday the 26th! The kids were super excited & I kept it a secret until the day! The boys knew we were going to have friends come over but they just thought it was for play! When I handed them the Mega Bloks the look on their faces were priceless! I had 2 sitting out to see if they would be noticed. The youngest did ask if that was for him & I never answered him directly!
The Mega Bloks Thomas and Friends party kit included:
• Dieselworks (Host Gift)
• 5 of each set
- Thomas at the Races
- Diesel at the Dieselworks
• Thomas & Friends DVD- Day of the Diesels
• Thomas Coupons
• Mega Bloks Family Club registration forms
• Postage paid return envelope for registration forms
• Raffle Item
I had to put each kid into their own place on the floor because parts kept getting mixed up with each other's! We had kids from 4 to 9 who came to the party! I was personally amazed at how the kids were in awe of the bloks! Personally I didn't think that the kid's interest would be so intense! We did have to give the kids help especially the little ones!
These bloks are an awesome gift for Christmas & they are now on my list! Everything you can think developmentally these bloks touch! Great for hand-eye coordination & fine motor skills! The kids were also getting really creative with their building!
Tim decided to get out the Dieselworks before he got clobbered by the kids! Each kid was very helpful in the construction! Also they were very patient in waiting for him to get it built! This may be a little much for younger kids to put together so I would recommend that parents help even if they can read.
As you can see from the above picture we also had pizza along with applesauce/carrots! I also served Chex mix but I think the adults liked it more than the kids! Below I have included the recipe which is really yummy by the way! We also served ice cream!
We received a variety of themed games, activities and recipes to help make the party a super fun!
Railway Trail Mix
• 5 cups of Corn Bran or Chex cereal
• 1 ½ cups of pretzels
• 1 cup of chopped nuts (any variety or omit if allergies exist)
• 1/3 cup of butter or regular margarine, melted
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 cup of raisins or dried fruit
• 1 cup chocolate chips or M&M candies
1. Preheat oven to 325° F)
2. Combine cereal, pretzels and nuts in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
3. In a bowl, stir melted butter and salt together. Pour over cereal mixture, tossing gently until well coated.
4. Bake at 325 F for 25 minutes, stirring once or twice. Spread in a large shallow pan or on foil to cool before mixing in remaining ingredients.
A big huge thanks to the wondreful people over at MommyParties & Mega Bloks!
I received free samples to properly conduct this review & the opinions of this product are solely mine. Opinions may vary to my own. I did not receive any monetary value to conduct this review.