Saturday, January 28, 2012
The idea for Morphology first emerged during a snowstorm in Minneapolis, MN. Morphology inventor and recent Macalester College graduate Kate Ryan Reiling and two of her friends were stranded in their apartment and decided to play a board game.
They wanted to do something creative (and help their friend learn Spanish) so they opened a Spanish-English dictionary and built words using Jenga blocks and Pente pieces. Inspired by how much fun they had and how amazed she was at what they could build, Kate spent the next years prototyping what would soon become Morphology.
After graduating from the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College, Kate realized she had something special on her hands. “People kept asking to buy the game but I only had my prototypes which I had to beg to get back.”
When a Tuck professor wanted to purchase games to give out as gifts, Morphology Games was born. “I knew this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to follow that little voice in my head telling me that I had something special and it was worth chasing.
Morphology Games launched in late fall of 2009, quickly selling out its original units and in 2010, went to the New York Toy Fair where it received two “Top New Toys of 2010” nods. In the fall of 2010, Morphology was selected as TIME’s Top Ten Toys list as the Number 2 Toy of the Year.
“This is a dream come true to be able to have a game that people love playing, that brings families and friends together in creative and hilarious fun. I’m so excited to see what each year brings!”
How To Play
Divide into Teams
Draw a word from the Deck
Use the Shapes & Pieces to build the Word
Get your Teammates to Guess within the Allotted Time
If you can guess correctly, move your team forward one Lily Pad. The first team ro reach Finish Wins!
This game is totally fun & great for a family like ours! Please keep in mind that this game is for ages 13 & up. The game really made us think but in a great way! If you have teenagers & looking for something cool this is it! Another great use would be for dorm rooms!
Warning - This game is addicting!!!
One very lucky person will win the Morphology Game!
- Tell me why you want to win- You must be a Public Follower to Enter
- Please leave your contact info. in case you win
Must complete mandatory first- Follow me on Twitter (1 entry)
- Follow Christal on Twitter (1 entry)
- Follow Morphology on Twitter (1 entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway, can be done 2x a day 2 hours apart (2 entries per tweet)
- Subscribe via Email (2 entries)
- “Like” me on Facebook (2 entries)
- "Like" Christal on Facebook (2 entries)
- "Like" Morhpology Games on Facebook (2 entries)
- Comment on my facebook page that you entered (1 entry)
- Blog or Post on your Facebook Wall about this Giveaway (5 Entries)
- Grab My Button (5 Entries)
- Enter any of my other Current Giveaways (2 entries per giveaway)
- Comment on any of my Reviews (3 entries)
- Follow Christal via Google (3 entries)
Open to US residents only & must 18 years old at the time of entry. Giveaway will end on Feb. 11th @ 11:59 pm EST & a winner will be chosen by Random.org. I will email the winner & the winner will have 72 hours to respond before choosing another winner. I received free samples to properly conduct this review & the opinions of this product are solely mine. Opinions may vary to my own. I did not receive any monetary value to conduct this review.
Labels: Closed Giveaways